Our lawyers in Palmerston North offer a wide range of services to both private and corporate clients. The combined experience of our attorneys allows us to remain proficient in all areas of law.
We have relevant experience in Family Law, and a separate division of our team also includes property lawyers in Palmerston North.
Our team is based in Palmerston North, however, you can also reach out to us if you live in the Manawatū-Whanganui region.
Below, you can find out more about our main services and how to contact us.
Family lawyers in Palmerston North
Our Family Law specialists are dedicated and professional. We know that many family matters can be delicate and that we will help our clients sort through important live events.
Whether concerning court action or alternative dispute resolution, we can help our clients with:
- Divorce: assistance throughout the divorce phases, as well as offer legal representation as may be needed in court;
- Child matters: we help former spouses come to terms with care arrangements for children, we handle guardianship disputes or adoption matters, among other cases;
- Wills and estate administration: our family lawyers in Palmerston North can help you draft wills, transfer and distribute assets, apply for probate and letters of administration, as well as other needed steps for estate administration;
- Drafting and negotiating agreements: this category includes pre-nuptial agreements; our team advises clients who are interested in these legal solutions.
Property lawyers in Palmerston North
Our lawyers specialising in residential sale and purchase can assist individuals who wish to buy property in Palmerston North.
We assist those who wish to review building or sale/purchase agreements, we assist with leasing matters, mortgages and refinancing or construction disputes.
Business owners can rely on the services provided by our dedicated team of property lawyers in Palmerston North specialising in commercial property.
Our services in this area focus on commercial leasing, property due diligence, regulatory compliance and much more.
Other services offered by our lawyers in Palmerston North
Palmerston North is a university city, also known for its developed farming activities. Our team based in this city is not only composed of family lawyers in Palmerston North, but also a special division specialising in business matters.
We can assist with:
- Business and commercial: opening a company in New Zealand, intellectual property issues, franchising, entering into different types of contracts and more;
- Farming and agricultural businesses: our lawyers in Palmerston North can help businesses in the agricultural sector; we offer legal counsel on the applicable laws, as well as assistance for obtaining special permits and licenses;
- Litigation: debt recovery, breach of contracts, property and commercial disputes, regulatory issues;
- Employment: drafting employment agreements, employment termination, employment disputes, health and safety regulations and many more.
If you are interested in company formation in this region, we recommend working with our accountants in New Zealand. With the help of a local team of experts you will not only better understand the NZ requirements for taxes and their payment, you will also rest assured that your business located in Palmerston North is fully compliant with the accounting and reporting requirements.
According to data issued by Statistics New Zealand, the business demography in the country was the following in February 2021:
- a total of 562,520 enterprises, an increase of 0.5 percent from the same month in 2020;
- health care and social assistance was the industry employing the higher number of people, 263,800 individuals;
- the Manawatū-Whanganui region had a 0.6% increase in the number of employees between February 2020-2021.
Our lawyers in Palmerston North will be able to answer any questions you have about your legal rights, the proceedings in specific questions, or how to manage a very particular personal or business situation.