Working with our Auckland lawyer is recommended in many cases, both for individuals we well as for businesses, and the legal services available span beyond civil litigation. Handling matters such as divorce, estate and wills, and business law issues should be performed with the help of an experienced lawyer.
We are a law firm based in Auckland that approaches each case with attention to detail. We focus on finding effective solutions, in a cost-effective manner when applicable.
Services for individuals offered by our Auckland lawyer
Working with a lawyer is essential for many personal matters. The services offered by our experts include the following:
- Divorce: we help our clients apply for the dissolution of marriage and handle the issues that stem from this decision, namely child custody, the division of property, and others;
- Property: we help clients buy and sell residential property in Auckland; we have a team specializing in conveyancing who can answer all of your questions; our relationship property lawyer in Auckland is ready to answer questions concerning the division of assets;
- Wills: we help our clients draw up a will as well as sort cases involving disputes wills; we also offer separate services for estate administration;
- Immigration: we are one of the law firms in Auckland that can answer issues concerning immigration and the regime applicable to foreign nationals who wish to relocate to the country to work, to start a business or to reunite with family;
- Employment: we represent employees who are confronted with particular issues, among which unfair dismissal, disciplinary processes, or improper employment contracts.
These are just part of our services, briefly presented. If you are interested in any of these, as well as court representation, please do not hesitate to reach out to our barrister in Auckland.
Our conveyancing lawyer in Auckland assists individuals interested in purchasing real estate in the city. We also help those who are involved in tenant/landlord disputes, as well as those who have questions related to property investments. We also offer services related to property purchase matters to foreign investors who wish to buy a house or an apartment in Auckland.
If you are looking forward to relocating to New Zealand, you can start the process with the help of our immigration lawyers. We will help you understand the requirements for entry and for remaining in the country for long-term purposes. We can help you apply for a visa that allows you to live in the country permanently, such as the skilled migrant visa, the talent resident visa or the long-term skill shortage list resident visa.
Divorce lawyers in Auckland
If you are ready to end a marriage or civil union you should know that the accepted ground for dissolution is “irreconcilable breakdown”. This means that the individuals need to have been living apart at the time the application is made and have been doing so for at least two years. The grounds for dissolving a marriage in New Zealand do not ask for other proof that the one of living separately for the said amount of time, however, the two-year period cannot be reduced.
Working with a legal adviser or lawyer is particularly important in certain situations, such as during divorce for those couples who cannot agree on important matters concerning children or on how to divide the property. In New Zealand, a relationship property lawyer in Auckland, such as the one from our team, can help answer important questions about relationship property – the property that needs to be divided between the two parties when they choose to end their relationship. This property refers to the family home in most cases, however, it can also include other assets that the family used over time or that were used for family purposes.
When your spouse is also your business partner, discussing how your divorce will impact your company can be easier with the help of our business lawyers in Auckland. This is advisable because in some cases the business can become part of the relationship property. Understanding your options in this case is important and you can either choose to sell the business and divide the earnings or accept that one of you will buy the other out of the business. Of course, there is also the option to continue to remain joint-owners of the business, however, this will largely depend on how you separate, whether it is on mutual and amicable terms or if there are many disagreements and continuing to run the business together is simply not an option.
We know that no two cases are the same. This is why we are a team that specializes in many areas of law, and we have extensive experience in areas such as Family Law or Property. We focus on funding solutions that pragmatic and will help you solve your issues as fast as possible. If you are in need of legal representation, our experienced court lawyers can help represent you.
We are a professional team and, as you may see with other legal specialists, it is common for the attorneys working in the law firms in Auckland to be members of the Auckland District Law Society (ADLS), an independent organization for the legal profession.
Corporate services provided by our lawyers in Auckland
According to the official statistical agency (provisional data), there were 546,740 enterprises in February 2019. Other data reveals the following:
- the registered companies had approximately 2.3 million paid employees, an increase compared to February 2018;
- Auckland recorded a significant growth in the number of employees, up by 3.5%, compared to the national average of 2.7%;
- Construction was the industry with the largest increase in employment, and it accounted for 7.7% of the total employment.
If you already have a company, or plan on opening one, working with an Auckland lawyer from our team can help you navigate various business issues that may arise. We offer the following services:
- Business formation: we help you choose the right business structure and register it accordingly;
- Debt collection: we are one of the law firms in Auckland that successfully handles debt collection cases; you can reach out to us if you have outstanding payments and we will approach your case in a professional and amicable manner; if needed, we also provide court collection services;
- Employment: companies looking to hire employees, those looking to employ foreign workers or those looking to sort various employee disputes can reach out to our team of lawyers in Auckland;
- Contact law: we help business owners handle disputes related to contract law, partnership or shareholder agreements, contractor or business agreements.
- Commercial property: with the assistance offered by our conveyancing lawyer in Auckland you can purchase commercial property as well as handle issues related to preparing the lease documentation and terms and in many other cases;
We know that business matters can be complex and they extend well beyond the company incorporation phase. Running a business in New Zealand, as a resident or as a foreign investor, will often mean encountering situations in which legal help is needed. Our commercial lawyers in Auckland are able to answer questions concerning not only company formation, but also about selling a business, buying an existing company in NZ, drafting agreements and many more.
We also offer services related to intellectual property protection as well as business finance and lending. We help you understand the laws and the regulations that are in place in your industry, and we serve both small and large companies. A barrister in Auckland from our team can help answer your questions about these services.
Business lawyers in Auckland
Working with a team of dedicated lawyers specializing in business matters can be important for business owners irrespective of the size of their company or the business field in which they activate.
Our team of business and commercial lawyers in Auckland helps businesses trade and handle simple or complex matters related to different stages in the production chain. Whether you are just starting a trading business, or already have a well-established company, we can provide proper legal guidance and assistance in drafting and signing manufacturing or distribution agreements with local or overseas business partners.
Working with our business lawyer in Auckland is advisable also for start-ups and new companies, especially in those cases in which the business is only just registered and needs to apply for and obtain special permits and licenses. There are many types of permits and licenses, including for food businesses, health and beauty businesses, food stalls and mobile trading. Our team can help you with information about how the Auckland Council regulates these types of businesses so that you can start trading in complete compliance with the laws in force.
We assist small business owners as well as foreign investors and larger companies interested in expanding to New Zealand, namely interested in opening a branch or a subsidiary. Handling the bookkeeping and annual submissions for branches and subsidiaries is different, due to the fact that the branch is connected with an overseas company. Understanding the differences between the annual accounting, filing and tax requirements is mandatory and our New Zealand accountants can provide adequate services to foreign companies.
Our business lawyer in Auckland is also able to present investors with the option to work via a virtual office.
We offer legal services to a wide range of clients in the Greater Auckland region. We have experience in all of the relevant legal fields and are ready to answer your questions. Contact our Auckland lawyer for more information about the services we provide for companies and individuals.