Working with a New Zealand solicitor is important when you wish to appear in civil or family law cases in front of a court or a tribunal. It is also important for receiving proper legal advice and legal representation as needed.
Our lawyers in New Zealand offer a wide range of services in all areas of law and are able to assist both companies and individuals in the country. A solicitor or barrister is a legal professional who is able to provide legal advice and court representation. He or she has adequate legal qualifications and, as the barristers in our team do, experience in one or more legal fields.
Corporate services offered by our New Zealand barrister
Our team acts on behalf of corporate clients in many different industries. We know that our clients rely on our legal assistance and expertise to sort issues in the most effective way possible, with little to no disruption to their business activities.
We offer legal assistance for companies in New Zealand in the following areas of law:
- Dispute resolution: we act on behalf of our clients in dispute resolution across all areas of interest; we offer solutions for avoiding lengthy litigation in court and offer assistance for alternative dispute resolution methods whenever possible;
- Business formation: key business advice is essential for new companies as well as those who are facing restructuring; our team can provide information and assistance on opening a company in New Zealand as well as details on obtaining special permits and licenses;
- Debt collection: our New Zealand solicitor can assist clients who with to recover various amounts from clients; if you need services on amicable debt collection, or if this is not an option and you with to commence court debt recovery, our barrister can help;
- Employment: we advise both employers and employees on matters concerning employment contracts, employee benefits and rights, dismissals and other matters;
- Intellectual Property: specialized assistance for trademark, copyright, parent registrations with the Intellectual Property Office; we also assist clients who wish to oppose a trademark.
The list above includes only part of our services. We are also able to provide assistance with insurance matters, Maori issues, trusts, banking and financial matters and many more. If you with o know more, you can reach out to a New Zealand barrister on our team for details.
Certain corporate disputes can make it necessary to bring in additional experts for an evaluation that will allow us to build the case. expert testimonies or an analysis performed by our partner NZ accountants can be helpful in cases involving tax evasion, tax fraud or money laundering. You can reach out to us for more information.
All solicitors or barristers in New Zealand, including those on our team, operate under the New Zealand Law Society. They follow clear rules of conduct and observe the provisions of the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act, in addition to other laws. According to the Law Society, in 2020 there were 14,981 lawyers based in the country. Other statistics highlight the following:
- in Auckland there were 890 barristers with practising certificates;
- 231 barristers were in Wellington and 149 in Christchurch;
- there were 1,674 barristers who were NZ-based and 28 were based overseas.
Individual services provided by our New Zealand solicitor
If you live and work in New Zealand, or if you plan on relocating here, the services offered by our barristers will be both helpful and effective. We understand that certain family issues can be both pressing and delicate and we provide complete assistance to clients who are interested in relocating to New Zealand.
Our New Zealand barrister can help you with the following:
- Immigration: moving to New Zealand is an important decision; our immigration experts can help you apply for the right type of visa and; we can also help you apply for residency and citizenship;
- Real estate: when buying a home or making a real estate investment, legal aid is important to ensure a smooth transaction; we assist individuals who wish to purchase a home and we also provide information on ownership structures or refinancing;
- Wills and estate: our New Zealand barrister can help those interested draw up a will, challenge a will or handle various other estate administration issues;
- Family: our team has experience in this complex area of law; we can assist in matters related to divorce, property disputes, custody and many more.
We are a full-service law firm that offers professional solutions and legal representation. We assist both individuals (immigrants, employees or investors in New Zealand) as well as companies of all sizes, irrespective of the industry in which they activate.
Our team has extensive experience in all areas of law and we are able to provide legal advice, legal opinions, prepare and conduct cases in court and prepare and present cases to tribunal and/or committees.
Contact our New Zealand solicitor today if you wish to know more about our services.